Health Science and Social Work
- NEW! Bachelor of Social Work (BSW)
- Prepares students for generalist social work practice.
- Practicum experience allows students to put into practice skills learned in BSW coursework
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science (BSHS)
- Concentration in Healthcare Administration and Management
- Completion program – for those with an earned associate degree in allied health who want to earn a bachelor’s degree for career advancement and professional development.
In our Bachelor of Science in Health Science Program, we offer three concentrations-- one in Behavioral Health Care, one in Health Care Management, and the other is a completion program. Students who earn our Bachelor of Science in Health Science with the concentration and Behavioral Health Care can use that particular degree to work as case managers in hospitals and long-term care facilities. Health Care Management can work as mid-level managers at hospitals, managers at long-term care facilities, or other health organizations.
Our Social Work Program will prepare students to go out and work in public agencies, nonprofit organizations, hospitals, hospice, even police departments or victim assistance programs. The Social Work Program at Methodist College has a capstone field practicum that's essentially an internship, and they will get that hands-on experience to practice while under the guidance of a professional social worker already in the field.