Welcome to Methodist College
- Bachelor's degree programs in Nursing, health Science and Social Work
- Certificates in Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant and Gerontology prepare students for entry level careers in healthcare
- An expanding nursing graduate program offers career growth opportunities for working nurses
- Located in Peoria, Illinois, Methodist College enjoys a strong partnership with UnityPoint Health, one of the largest health systems in the Midwest
- A new, state of the art campus and housing complex, along with a vibrant student life, offers students a holistic collegiate experience
- Apply online at www.methodistcol.edu/admissions
My name is Andrew Judd, and I'm from Tremont, Illinois. Here at Methodist College, we have an awesome new campus. We have a Sim Center, and we have an awesome new library. We also have an exercise facility here and a new cafe.
Peoria is in between St. Louis and Chicago, which obviously are major cities with great opportunity. So going to school here, you have that connection where you can go to St. Louis, you can go to Chicago or even Bloomington, these bigger cities.
The hands-on learning opportunities that are provided to the students include things like the weekly clinical where you go to the hospital, you're assigned a patient, and you are responsible for that patient.
You get the Simulation Center where you are working basically with a mannequin. That is as close to life, without being an actual person.
I love the faculty here at Methodist. They really want to see you succeed. I come from a whole family of teachers, and I know a good teacher when I see a good teacher.
Coming to Methodist in general, it's just been a really eye-opening experience, I feel, and really got me more excited to be a nurse.